Monday 27 July 2009

Slow Weekend Away

So there have been no posts since Friday. I've just had a weekend away staying at a mate's house up in East London, a nice break from the solitude of Uckfield.

This week's going to be full on. There will be a number of new bands featuring on the site, some new downloads and some new reviews. I also intend to write a feature on the dying Romanticism of music journalism, nostalgia vs cliche or something along those lines.

I suppose I would be classed as a bit old fashioned in my perspectives of certain aspects of music, music journalism and the music industry, but I guess you can be the judge of that later in the week. The reason for me writing this article is that I've been listening to The Byrds and Lyrnyrd Skynyrd quite a bit and I'm feeling a little Cameron Crowe, yet far from being able to write like the man!

So, this week will involve a lot more productivity, hopefully with a successful outcome as I still search for a post-uni job. Tough one.

No comments: