Thursday 23 July 2009

The Accident That Led Me To The World


Keeping things simple, and on track I suppose, I have just come across another graceful folk trio who hark back to a time when things were simpler. The Massachusetts's outfit in question go by the rather elongated name of The Accident That Led Me To The World, but I'm sure we'll be able to find an abbreviation in no time.

With a felicitous selection of instruments and some melodically lustrous vocals that meet like The Decemberists, The Bowerbirds and folk's gentle angel, Cara Dillon, they're a soft bunch with some bold songs.

I came across this group whilst scaling the countless, and mostly monotonous, pages of mysapce. Friends of The Low Anthem and cello brandishing moguls alike, I was surprised to find that I'd hit somewhat of a musical jackpot.

The 'chamber folk', 'All acoustic' group released their debut in 2006 on Nobody's Favourite Records. A curious shanty driven record, followed up by their quaint sophomore effort 'Island Gospel'. A seemingly fragile group, I have an inkling that their bite is in fact bigger than their bark.

With two album's out it's about time the refined allure of TATLMTTW (doesn't really work, does it?) comes into its own.

Download The Accident That Led Me To Th - Hole Of Doubt

No comments: