Tuesday 14 July 2009

Pre-Results Nerves...

So I get my University results at 12 tonight and I am bricking it. I think I'm making myself ill from actually worrying too much - something I've done quite a few times before...pathetic little man.

Anyway, to ease this tension I plan on blogging all day to keep me busy. First off, some Tuesday fun with a few downloads of some unknown bands who deserve a little recognition.


New Street Adventure are a band a hold dear to my heart. For those of you who know me you will know how much they mean to me, and more to the point, how singer/guitarist/song writer Nick Corbin is one of the greatest social commenter's in the country. Penning soul-pop skits that depict the highs and lows of this nation. Nick takes you from the gutter to the stars and back again in a handful of minutes and the boy's got real talent. The first of today's downloads is 'Fate Britain'. It's a track I've had for ages but it needs to get out there. A fast paced, near-rap that skips over simple guitars - dominated by a wondrous lyrical flow and stupidly awesome lyrics.

Download New Street Adventure - Fate Britain

The second download up for grabs is from a local Brighton band I used to love. Since I last saw them they seem to have grown a rather large pair of pretentious balls that thrust out just as much as their escalating ego's. There's definitely something about Brighton bands - the majority of whom all think they're revolutionary, bohemian rock stars, when in fact they're mostly rich kids dressed in over-priced vintage clothing. But this track by Dr Razzu is a dirty punky scramble, short, sharp and lovely.

Download Dr Razzu - Old Soldier

The final download comes from my favourite band at the moment, and probably of the last 18 months, Them:Youth. 'F.R.A.N.C.E' is a musical epiphany in my humble opinion. Sonic eruptions of intense sound that goes about as wild as Ian Curtis under a strobe light. It's euphoric psychedelia howls miles into the future, simply waiting for the rest of the world to catch up. (You will have to excuse the download that says F.R.A.C.E - it is in fact F.R.A.N.C.E)

Download Them:Youth - F R A C E

Enjoy. A couple of reviews coming up later today and maybe another download!

No comments: